Sunday, April 29, 2007

Long time no see!

Hi! So it's been a couple day's since I've blogged, so sorry bout that. What is new? Hmmm. I watched Hilary & Jackie on IFC, good movie. It took me a couple weeks to watch it, when I try to watch a movie I always end up doing something else and watching it in 15-20 minute blocks.
We went to Chattanooga yesterday & walked the bridge to the carousel, and back to the aqaurium. There's a great New Age bookstore over there called New Moon. If you're into New Age bookstores, it's great. They sell incense and sage, (burning sage cleanses the bad chi in your home!) windchimes, all sorts of goodies.
The UU had a pot luck dinner, and Linda Bell made two soups, which were completely awesome. One was a veg. Sweet Potato Soup, the other was Chicken Avocado. They are both awesome. The chicken avocado looked completely scarey, but I'm telling you, it was magical. Maybe I should stick the recipe on this blog entry and start another one?
I think I will...

Vibrant Rice & Chicken Soup

2 1/2 c cooked brown rice
3 skinless chick breast halves
4 c water
1 can chicken stock
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, sliced
3 Tbs Lime juice
1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 avocado, cubed
2 tomatoes, cubed
4 oz queso fresco or farmer cheese, grated (optional)

Cook brown rice. While it cooks-
In 4 qt pot over med heat,
bring chicken, water, stock & onion to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
Add carrots & simmer 20 minutes.
Remove chicken & cut into lil pieces.
Put chicken back. Stir in rice, lime juice & pepper.
Heat 3-5 minutes, but don't boil.
Stir in avocado & tomato. Heat. you can top with the cheese.
serves 4

I'll put the veg Sweet potato on here too, next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment